What is a Testamentary Trust?
A testamentary trust is an irrevocable trust established in a person's Last Will and Testament that becomes effective upon the death of the testator. They are unique documents that can be designed to provide benefits and protection to beneficiaries. The will may contain more than one testamentary trust and address all or any portion of the individual's estate.
- Flexibility in providing for beneficiaries
- Protection of assets from creditors and divorce
- Financial management for spendthrift beneficiaries
- Reduction of income and estate taxes
- Preservation of assets for future generations and other beneficiaries
Two Rivers Trust Co. can provide a list of qualified local estate planning attorneys who can assist clients with the design of their Last Will and Testament.
Two Rivers Trust Co. ® 744 Horizon Court Suite #350, Grand Junction, CO 81506